Users may export information about Pipedrive deals for a range of reasons, like creating a bespoke sales dashboard, sharing data with stakeholders, and others. There are a few ways to do this, including manual and automated methods. In this article, we’ve gathered and presented the most useful methods for Pipedrive deals export, so read on to choose the best one for your needs.
How to export deals from Pipedrive – options available
Pipedrive provides three native ways to export deals manually:
- Export all deals: You can download all deals as a CSV or Excel file.
- Export filtered deals: You can download deals sorted by a custom or preset filter as a CSV or Excel file.
- Export deal’s details: You can download the details of a deal as an Excel file.
If you want to automate the export of deals on a schedule, then you need a Pipedrive integration. With it, you can export Pipedrive deals to Google Sheets, Excel, or BigQuery every hour, every day, or at another custom frequency.
Export Pipedrive deals with a native built-in functionality
Export all deals
You can export all deals from Pipedrive using the Export data method. It facilitates the export of deals, leads, notes, organizations, products, people, and activities. CSV and Excel are the only two formats available for this exporting method.
Note: this method is available only to Pipedrive users with admin permissions.
- Click on More options (three dots) on the navigation panel, then press Export data.
- Click on Deals and select the format for the file with the exported data.
The file with your Pipedrive deals will be generated. You need to download it within a month, or else it will expire, and you will need to prepare a new export.
Export filtered deals
In the List view of your deals, you can export information about a filtered set of deals. Here is what you should do:
- Go to Deals and select List View.
- Go to the Filter drop-down menu and select a predefined or custom filter for your deals.
- Select the data fields by checking the boxes next to the columns you want to see in your list view.
- Click on the More icon (three dots) next to the Filter menu and select Export filter results…
- Select the export format then click Export.
- Finally, click Download to get the file with your deals data to your computer.
Export details of a deal
You can export details about a specific deal using the detailed view option. In this case, the exported spreadsheet will include transaction information and information about associated people or organizations. This method allows you to export information in only one format – XLS (Excel).
- Open a deal – this is the detailed view.
- Click on the More icon (three dots), then select Export as XLS.
The export file will be downloaded to your computer.
Automate export of Pipedrive deals
You definitely need to automate exports of deals from Pipedrive if you require data from Pipedrive every day, every hour, or on another schedule for reporting or other purposes. This can be done with a few clicks using the no-code Pipedrive integration by Coupler.io.
Coupler.io is a data integration solution that allows you to schedule data export from Pipedrive, HubSpot, QuickBooks, and other sources to Google Sheets, Excel, and BigQuery.
Take the steps below to set up the Pipedrive integration:
- Sign up to Coupler.io via your Microsoft or Google account or using a custom email address.
- Click Add importer, then select Pipedrive as your source application and the preferred destination app: Google Sheets, Excel, or BigQuery.
- In the Source section, connect to your Pipedrive account, then select Deals as the data entity for export. Optionally, you can export the already filtered set of deals from Pipedrive and specify the columns to export.
- In the Destination section, connect to your Google or Microsoft account if you’re exporting deals to a spreadsheet. If your destination app is BigQuery, then you’ll need to connect your BigQuery project.
- Then choose a spreadsheet (and a sheet) or specify a table where to load your exported deals. Here is what it looks like for Google Sheets as a destination.
- Finally, toggle on the Automatic data refresh feature and set up the schedule for your data exports from every month to every 15 minutes.
Click Save and Run to load deals to your destination. The View Results button will let you see the exported data in your destination sheet or table.
Export Pipedrive deals – FAQs
Although we’ve explained all the methods for exporting deals from Pipedrive, our readers may still have some questions, such as ‘How to only export lost deals from Pipedrive’? We’ve grouped the answers to these questions here so that you can easily find them.
How do I export deals in Pipedrive to Excel?
All the methods explained above allow you to export Pipedrive to Excel. If you export deals manually using the built-in functionality, then you’ll need to choose XLS as the format for the export file. Every subsequent export of deals will be done as a separate Excel file.
If you go with Coupler.io, you’ll need to select Microsoft Excel as a destination application and pick an Excel workbook from your OneDirve folder. The automated data refresh will replace the previously exported records with the new ones. However, you can also change the import mode to append – this will add the newly imported data below the previously imported rows.
How to export lost deals from Pipedrive
The Export filter results… method and the Pipedrive integration by Coupler.io will let you export lost deals. For both options, you’ll need first to apply the All lost deals filter.
Then you can export records as we described in Export filtered deals.
If you prefer Coupler.io, then you need to copy the filter ID and insert it to the respective field in your Pipedrive integration.
Where do you get the Filter ID? It’s the last string in the URL when you apply a filter in Pipedrive.
The rest of the flow we’ve already explained in Automate export of Pipedrive deals.
How to export won or lost deals from Pipedrive Insights reports?
There is another way to export information about lost or won deals from Pipedrive reports.
- Go to Insights, then select the necessary Deals report.
- Apply filters if you need any then click Export.
What to do if you are unable to export Pipedrive deals?
First of all, keep in mind that the Export data method is only available for Pipedrive users with admin permissions. If you do not have admin permissions and you can’t export deals using the Export filter results method, check with your admin user to see if they have removed the ability to export data from the list view.
With Coupler.io, you do not have these permission-based limitations for data export.
Another thing to notice is that you may not be able to export deals in case of Pipedrive failure. To mitigate such a risk of data loss, we advise you make a self-updatable backup of your Pipedrive deals using Coupler.io. This way, you’ll always have access to your data, even if the Pipedrive app is not available.
What’s the best Pipedrive deals exporting option?
We have discussed several methods to export deals from Pipedrive. The native ones let you do this fast with a few clicks, but they are manual. This means, that every time you want to update information about Pipedrive deals in your spreadsheet, you’ll have to repeat this flow.
For the purposes of frequent export of Pipedrive deals, it’s better to use the Pipedrive integration by Coupler.io. This method is the best one if you build a self-updating dashboard or automate reporting. You can schedule Pipedrive to Excel exports every hour, every day, or at another frequency and save your valuable time.Back to Blog