Users may export information about Pipedrive deals for a range of reasons, like creating a bespoke sales dashboard, sharing data with stakeholders, and others. There are a few ways to do this, including manual and automated methods. In this article, we’ve gathered and presented the most useful methods for Pipedrive deals export, so read on to choose the best one for your needs.
How to export deals from Pipedrive – options available
Pipedrive provides three native ways to export deals manually:
- Export all deals: You can download all deals as a CSV or Excel file.
- Export filtered deals: You can download deals sorted by a custom or preset filter as a CSV or Excel file.
- Export deal’s details: You can download the details of a deal as an Excel file.
If you want to automate the export of deals on a schedule, then you need a Pipedrive integration. With it, you can export Pipedrive deals to Google Sheets, Excel, or BigQuery every hour, every day, or at another custom frequency.
Automate export of Pipedrive deals
You definitely need to automate exports of deals from Pipedrive if you require data from Pipedrive every day, every hour, or on another schedule for reporting or other purposes. This can be done with a few clicks using the no-code Pipedrive integration by Coupler.io.
Coupler.io is a data analytics and automation platform that allows you to manage your data efficiently and automate reporting. In particular, it can transfer data from Pipedrive, HubSpot, QuickBooks, and other 70+ apps to spreadsheets, BI tools, and data warehouses. In addition to this, Coupler.io can refresh your data in the destination file automatically on a schedule.
1. Extract your Pipedrive data
Sign up to Coupler.io, then select Pipedrive as a data source and choose the preferred destination. This can be Google Sheets, Excel, Looker Studio, Power BI, or BigQuery. In this example, we select Google Sheets.
Connect to your Pipedrive account and select Deals as the data entity for export.
2. Preview and transform your data
Check the data you are going to export. In this step, you can:
- Rearrange and rename columns
- Hide and add columns
- Apply filters and sort data
- Use formulas for calculations
- Combine data from several accounts or from different apps
Or you can just preview your data and make sure everything is okay.
After this, connect your account for the destination app you shoes before.
3. Schedule updates and manage your data
Finally, toggle on the Automatic data refresh feature and set up the schedule for your data exports. You can specify an update interval from every month to every 15 minutes. Apart from that, you can select the days and times for automatic refresh. This will keep your exported data in the destination app always fresh.
Click Save and Run to load deals to your destination. The View Results button will let you see the exported data in your destination sheet or table.
Pro tip: get a dashboard with the deals and other Pipedrive data with a free template
If you want to monitor your deals and analyze them in context with other Pipedrive data, using a live dashboard is a great option.
Here are two automated templates for Pipedrive. They are completely free to use, and they allow you to visualize your Pipdrive data automatically in just a few minutes.
Click the Readme tab of the selected template to see how to use it.
These dashboards are interactive. Scroll down to see the Pipedrive Deals section.
Export Pipedrive deals with a native built-in functionality
Export all deals
You can export all deals from Pipedrive using the Export data method. It facilitates the export of deals, leads, notes, organizations, products, people, and activities. CSV and Excel are the only two formats available for this exporting method.
Note: this method is available only to Pipedrive users with admin permissions.
- Click on More options (three dots) on the navigation panel, then press Export data.
- Click on Deals and select the format for the file with the exported data.
The file with your Pipedrive deals will be generated. You need to download it within a month, or else it will expire, and you will need to prepare a new export.
Export filtered deals
In the List view of your deals, you can export information about a filtered set of deals. Here is what you should do:
- Go to Deals and select List View.
- Go to the Filter drop-down menu and select a predefined or custom filter for your deals.
- Select the data fields by checking the boxes next to the columns you want to see in your list view.
- Click on the More icon (three dots) next to the Filter menu and select Export filter results…
- Select the export format then click Export.
- Finally, click Download to get the file with your deals data to your computer.
Export details of a deal
You can export details about a specific deal using the detailed view option. In this case, the exported spreadsheet will include transaction information and information about associated people or organizations. This method allows you to export information in only one format – XLS (Excel).
- Open a deal – this is the detailed view.
- Click on the More icon (three dots), then select Export as XLS.
The export file will be downloaded to your computer.
Export Pipedrive deals – FAQs
Although we’ve explained all the methods for exporting deals from Pipedrive, our readers may still have some questions, such as ‘How to only export lost deals from Pipedrive’? We’ve grouped the answers to these questions here so that you can easily find them.
How do I export deals in Pipedrive to Excel?
All the methods explained above allow you to export Pipedrive to Excel. If you export deals manually using the built-in functionality, then you’ll need to choose XLS as the format for the export file. Every subsequent export of deals will be done as a separate Excel file.
If you go with Coupler.io, you’ll need to select Microsoft Excel as a destination application and pick an Excel workbook from your OneDirve folder. The automated data refresh will replace the previously exported records with the new ones. However, you can also change the import mode to append – this will add the newly imported data below the previously imported rows.
How to export lost deals from Pipedrive
The Export filter results… method and the Pipedrive integration by Coupler.io will let you export lost deals. For both options, you’ll need first to apply the All lost deals filter.
Then you can export records as we described in Export filtered deals.
If you prefer Coupler.io, then you need to copy the filter ID and insert it to the respective field in your Pipedrive integration.
Where do you get the Filter ID? It’s the last string in the URL when you apply a filter in Pipedrive.
Alternatively, you can apply filter to the already extracted data in the Preview and Transform module.
The rest of the flow we’ve already explained in Automate export of Pipedrive deals.
How to export won or lost deals from Pipedrive Insights reports?
There is another way to export information about lost or won deals from Pipedrive reports.
- Go to Insights, then select the necessary Deals report.
- Apply filters if you need any then click Export.
What to do if you are unable to export Pipedrive deals?
First of all, keep in mind that the Export data method is only available for Pipedrive users with admin permissions. If you do not have admin permissions and you can’t export deals using the Export filter results method, check with your admin user to see if they have removed the ability to export data from the list view.
With Coupler.io, you do not have these permission-based limitations for data export.
Another thing to notice is that you may not be able to export deals in case of Pipedrive failure. To mitigate such a risk of data loss, we advise you to make a self-updatable backup of your Pipedrive deals using Coupler.io. This way, you’ll always have access to your data, even if the Pipedrive app is not available.
Streamline your data analytics & reporting with Coupler.io!
Coupler.io is an all-in-one data analytics and automation platform designed to close the gap between getting data and using its full potential. Gather, transform, understand, and act on data to make better decisions and drive your business forward!
- Save hours of your time on data analytics by integrating business applications with data warehouses, data visualization tools, or spreadsheets. Enjoy 200+ available integrations!
- Preview, transform, and filter your data before sending it to the destination. Get excited about how easy data analytics can be.
- Access data that is always up to date by enabling refreshing data on a schedule as often as every 15 minutes.
- Visualize your data by loading it to BI tools or exporting it directly to Looker Studio. Making data-driven decisions has never been easier.
- Easily track and improve your business metrics by creating live dashboards on your own or with the help of our experts.
Try Coupler.io today at no cost with a 14-day free trial (no credit card required), and join 700,000+ happy users to accelerate growth with data-driven decisions.Start 14-day free trial
What’s the best Pipedrive deals exporting option?
We have discussed several methods to export deals from Pipedrive. The native ones let you do this fast with a few clicks, but they are manual. This means, that every time you want to update information about Pipedrive deals in your spreadsheet, you’ll have to repeat this flow.
For the purposes of frequent export of Pipedrive deals, it’s better to use the Pipedrive integration by Coupler.io. This method is the best one if you build a self-updating dashboard or automate reporting. You can schedule Pipedrive to Excel exports every hour, every day, or at another frequency and save your valuable time.Back to Blog