Users may have many reasons to export data from Pipedrive. The main one is reporting – you can build a custom sales report or dashboard, for example, in Looker Studio (former Google Data Studio) or Power BI. Another reason is sharing – you can share performance results with stakeholders and let them comment or even edit the records.
Whichever reason for pulling information from Pipedrive you have, it will be unique and based on the purpose for export and the information required. How can you do this job? In Pipedrive, export data can be done in different ways. We collected and shared the most convenient ones in this text. Enjoy!
How to export data from Pipedrive
According to the Pipedrive documentation, ‘there are two ways to export data from Pipedrive.’ That’s partially true – these two ways are manual exporting options:
- Export data – you can download all the data for a specific data entity (leads, deals, etc.) as a CSV or Excel file.
- Export filter results or List view export – this option allows you to download records grouped according to a custom or preset filter as a CSV or Excel file.
At the same time, neither of these manual ways to export Pipedrive data is good for reporting or analytics. For this reason, you can opt for the third exporting option – Pipedrive integration by Coupler.io. It lets you automate data export from Pipedrive to a desired destination app, such as Google Sheets, BigQuery, Power BI, and others.
To help you choose the best method for Pipedrive data export, let’s review each one in action.
Automate data export from Pipedrive on a schedule with Coupler.io
Automated data export is a lifesaver if you need to fetch data from Pipedrive every day, every hour, or on another schedule for your reporting or other purposes. To demonstrate how you can schedule exports of data from Pipedrive without any coding, we took the Pipedrive integration by Coupler.io.
Coupler.io is a data automation solution to help you turn raw data from different sources into meaningful reports. In addition to Pipedrive, you can automate data export from HubSpot, QuickBooks, and many other business applications. The destination for the data includes:
- Spreadsheets: Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel
- BI tools: Looker Studio and Power BI
- Data warehouses: BigQuery
Let’s see what the setup flow for the Pipedrive integration looks like. But first, create a Coupler.io account – you can do this with your Google or Microsoft account or create a free account with your email. Then click Add new importer and select Pipedrive as a source app and a desired destination application, for example, Google Sheets. After that, proceed to the configuration of the selected apps.
Choose another app if you want, for example, to connect Pipedrive to Power BI or Looker Studio.
Step 1. Extract data from Pipedrive
- Connect to your Pipedrive account. Then select a data entity to export from Pipedrive. You can export information about Deals, Persons, Organizations, Activities, Files, Leads, Call logs, and Products.
Note: Optionally, you can export the already filtered data set from Pipedrive and specify the columns to export. We show how this works in the next section.
Step 2. Transform data from Pipedrive
With Coupler.io, you can make your Pipedrive data analysis ready right before it’s loaded to the chosen destination. You can perform the following transformations:
- Hide unnecessary columns.
- Rename the needed columns.
- Reorder columns and change their data type.
- Create new columns using supported calculation formulas.
- Sort and filter data based on the selected criteria and specified values.
Step 3. Manage data
- Follow the instructions on the setup wizard to connect Coupler.io to the chosen destination app. In our example of exporting Pipedrive to Google Sheets, you need to connect your Google account and select a file and a sheet to load data. Consider that you can create a new sheet or a new table by typing a new name.
The last thing to do during this step is to enable the Automatic data refresh. This feature allows you to customize the frequency of your data exports from every month to every 15 minutes.
The final action is to click Save and Run to load your Pipedrive data to your destination. After the import, you can click View Results to check out what it looks like in your destination sheet or table.
And here is what the results may look like in Google Sheets:
However, Pipedrive data in a spreadsheet does not look fancy. So, it’s better to export it to Looker Studio where you can build an interactive dashboard like this free Pipedrive CRM dashboard template.
Export the filtered Pipedrive data
The Pipedrive integration by Coupler.io also lets you automate exports of data filtered by a preset or custom filter in Pipedrive. For this, you only need to select a Pipedrive filter from the drop-down list in the Filter field of Advanced settings. The rest of the setup flow is the same.
The automated exporting option using Coupler.io is a good choice. Even if you need to export Pipedrive deals or other data once per week, you can automate the flow within a few clicks. This will save a few hours of your reporting routine.
However, it may not be the best data export method for your goal. If you, for example, export Pipedrive activities once a month or a year, it probably does not make any sense in automation. Still, to make a smart choice, you need to check out all the available options. So, let’s see how you can export Pipedrive data manually.
Native manual options for Pipedrive data export
Export data from Pipedrive as CSV or Excel
This method lets you export all the records for a specific data entity:
The exporting formats available are CSV and Excel. However, keep in mind that only admin users can benefit from this Pipedrive export data method. Here is what it looks like:
- Click More (three dots) on the left navigation panel, then select Export data.
- Select a data entity, then click the format you want to export Pipedrive data in – CSV or Excel.
- The generation of the export file will start. Once it’s ready, you’ll see a green Download button – click on it to download the file to your device.
The exported file will be available for download for a month. After that, it will expire, and you’ll need to prepare a new export.
Can I export Pipedrive data if I’m not an admin user?
To export Pipedrive data this way, you need to have admin access. Non-admin users cannot benefit from this data export method. If they go More => Export data, they’ll see a history log of exports, like this:
So, ask your Pipedrive admin to promote you to admin as follows:
- Go to Company Settings => Manage Users => Permission sets.
- Open the Admin set, then click Move users to this set and select the Pipedrive user that needs to have admin access.
If for some reason, your promotion to admin is not possible, then you only have the following option for data export.
Export filter results from Pipedrive as CSV or Excel
This method allows you to export a filtered data set of your data entities from the list view. By default, some data entities, such as leads and organizations, have the list view. For others, you’ll need to switch to the list view.
- Apply a custom or predefined filter you want, for example, All won deals. Then click the three dots in the top right corner and select Export filter results…
- Choose the file format for export, XLS, or CSV, and click Export.
- The exporting file will start generating, and a download link will be available once it is done. Click Download to download the file to your computer.
The main advantage of this method is that you can get a filtered set of records right away rather than filter them afterward.
The drawback is that you’ll need to perform this workflow repeatedly to get the latest records for this filter.
Export versatile data from Pipedrive
Now you know the three core methods of the Pipedrive data export. With all these methods, you can export the following categories of data from Pipedrive:
Export of Pipedrive notes is only possible with the Export data option or via the Pipedrive API. The latter can be done with a few clicks using the JSON integration by Coupler.io.
Export data from insights
Exporting the data from your Pipedrive reports differs slightly from a common exporting flow. You can only pull data from the reports that have a table view. Then you need to click Export and select the format for the file – CSV or Excel.
Coupler.io does not let you export reports from Pipedrive, but it allows you to build custom reports and dashboards based on the exported data. Check out our Pipedrive Dashboard blog post to learn more about this.
How to export all data from Pipedrive
There is no ‘Pipedrive export all data‘ button to load all the data records across all categories in bulk.
However, you can perform exports of all records by individual category including deals, contacts, products, etc. This is possible either using the native Export data option or the Pipedrive integration by Coupler.io.
Which Pipedrive export data option is best?
The native Pipedrive data export options are manual, i.e., you can do the job using the Pipedrive interface with a few clicks. As a result, you get a CSV or Excel file with records that can be uploaded to other software for different goals. These methods are probably ideal if you don’t need to fetch data regularly, for example, every day or every hour. If you do, then it’s better to automate data exports to load data to any cloud platform like OneDrive, Dropbox, or another destination.
Using the Pipedrive integration by Coupler.io is a smart choice for users who want to optimize their reporting and analytics. The automated data flow from Pipedrive will let you build a self-updating dashboard or report, and facilitate data sharing with stakeholders. For example, you can schedule exports from Pipedrive to Excel every hour, all week long.
So, make the smart choice. Good luck with your data!
Streamline your data analytics & reporting with Coupler.io!
Coupler.io is an all-in-one data analytics and automation platform designed to close the gap between getting data and using its full potential. Gather, transform, understand, and act on data to make better decisions and drive your business forward!
- Save hours of your time on data analytics by integrating business applications with data warehouses, data visualization tools, or spreadsheets. Enjoy 200+ available integrations!
- Preview, transform, and filter your data before sending it to the destination. Get excited about how easy data analytics can be.
- Access data that is always up to date by enabling refreshing data on a schedule as often as every 15 minutes.
- Visualize your data by loading it to BI tools or exporting it directly to Looker Studio. Making data-driven decisions has never been easier.
- Easily track and improve your business metrics by creating live dashboards on your own or with the help of our experts.
Try Coupler.io today at no cost with a 14-day free trial (no credit card required), and join 700,000+ happy users to accelerate growth with data-driven decisions.Start 14-day free trial