Leads in Pipedrive are potential deals that are not ready to be added to the sales pipeline and move through it. They are sort of the younger siblings waiting for the right time to join the game :). The information about your leads is stored in the Leads Inbox, and you can retrieve it in different ways and formats. Below, we’re going to explain the most actionable options to export Pipedrive leads, so you can choose the best one for your needs.
How to export leads from Pipedrive
Pipedrive allows you to manually export information about all your leads or a filtered set of leads as a CSV or Excel file. This may be enough for you to build custom Pipedrive reports or share the data with a stakeholder.
On the other hand, if you run continuous reporting or you need the information about your leads for an interactive dashboard, the manual export is not the right fit. As an alternative, you can use Pipedrive integration to automate exports of leads data to Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, or Google BigQuery. It allows you to configure a schedule for data refresh, for example, every hour or every 15 minutes.
Pipedrive export leads manually in CSV or Excel format
Export all leads from Pipedrive
This option is only available to Pipedrive users with admin access.
- On the Pipedrive navigation panel, click More (three dots) => Export data.
- Select Leads, then click the desired format for the export file: CSV or Excel. This will start the creation of the file with your leads data.
- Once the export file is ready, you’ll need to click the green Download button to get it to your device.
The file with the leads data will be available for download for a month.
Export filtered Pipedrive leads
This exporting option allows all Pipedrive users to export information about a filtered set of leads.
- Go to the Leads Inbox and apply the filter you want. You can use the preset filters, like Leads with overdue activity, or create custom ones.
- Click the three dots in the top right corner and select Export filter results.
- Choose the format for the export file – CSV or Excel, then click Export. The creation of the file will start. When it’s done, click Download to finish the data export.
Here is what the exported table looks like in Excel:
Export Pipedrive leads automatically
The native options to export Pipedrive leads seem to be good. However, every time you need to refresh your leads data, you have to repeat this exporting manipulation. So, it’s better to automate the flow. For this, you can set up a Pipedrive integration that will load your leads data to Excel, Google Sheets, or BigQuery at your preferred frequency. With Coupler.io, you can do this with just a few clicks…no coding is needed!
Coupler.io is a no-code solution to automate exports of data from Pipedrive and other sources, including HubSpot, QuickBooks, and others.
Here is what it looks like:
- Sign up to Coupler.io with your Google or Microsoft account. You can also create an account if you have a custom email address.
- Click Add importer and select the source and destination apps. Pipedrive is the source, and for the destination, you can select between Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, and Google BigQuery.
- Connect to your Pipedrive account. Then select Leads as the data entity for export.
- Connect to the Google or Microsoft account, depending on the chosen destination app. If you’re exporting leads from Pipedrive to BigQuery, you’ll need to connect your BQ project.
- Select where to load your leads.
- For Google Sheets: select a file and a sheet on Google Drive.
- For Microsoft Excel: select a file and a sheet on OneDrive.
- For BigQuery: specify a dataset and a table.
- Enable the Automatic data refresh and set up the schedule for your data exports from every month to every 15 minutes. You can switch on/off this functionality at any moment after the integration setup.
Eventually, click Save and Run to load information about your Pipedrive leads data to the destination app. Here is what it looks when you export Pipedrive to Excel.
Compared to the native exporting option, you’ll get more information about leads.
Which is the best way to export Pipedrive leads?
Below, we summarize the differences between the native way for exporting leads from Pipedrive and the integration by Coupler.io.
|Formats||CSV, Excel||Google Sheets, Excel, BigQuery|
|Export of filtered data||Yes||Available for other data entities|
|Automatic data refresh||No||Yes|
Obviously, the automated export provides more benefits that are quite useful for reporting, making a backup copy, sharing data, and other purposes. You can set up a data flow that will automatically pull leads from Pipedrive to the desired destination.
On the other hand, if you need to export Pipedrive leads once per month or at a rarer frequency, the native method seems to be a good option. So, make the best choice that will help you increase your performance. Good luck with your data!Back to Blog