8 Best Marketing Analytics Tools to Use in 2023
As a business owner or marketer, you’ll often collect customer information and competitor data. Such marketing data helps to target the right audience, discover trends and patterns, spot potential issues or opportunities, measure campaign success, and make better decisions.
Efficient marketing analytics requires a range of processes and instruments such as data analytics, business intelligence, dashboards, reporting, etc. But you can streamline the entire process with software. In this article, we’ll cover the top marketing analytics tools, their features, and their benefits.
What are marketing analytics tools?
Marketing analytics is the process of collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data from marketing campaigns. The insights and reports obtained from your marketing data can be used to create better strategies, improve the customer journey and calculate metrics such as KPIs and ROI.
Marketing analytics tools are simply software that you can utilize to track and analyze your marketing campaigns or strategies. They help to speed up the entire process, provide more efficiency, and increase the chances of getting more accurate insights from your data.
Types of Marketing Analytics Tools
Every marketing analytics tool is aimed at extracting valuable information from raw marketing data, but approaches to this task might vary. Here are the different categories of marketing analytics tools:
- Descriptive analytics tools
These are marketing data tools that allow businesses to understand past marketing performance and how it relates to current marketing performance. They use real-time and historical data to figure out what might have gone wrong or right.
- Predictive analytics tools
As the name suggests, predictive analytics allows marketers to predict what might happen in the future. These tools often use insights from past marketing data to predict future outcomes. It may not be totally accurate but it helps to prepare for possible events and opportunities.
- Prescriptive analytics tools
These are marketing analytics tools that can determine what should be done to improve your marketing strategies. Such software uses the insights and predictions acquired from historical data to recommend the best possible actions to take.
Some tools can fall under one or more of these categories depending on their features and capabilities.
Uses of Marketing Analytics Tools
Marketing analytics can be used to check the status and progress reports of your marketing campaigns. Each of these tools may specialize in various channels such as website SEO, paid advertising, social media platforms, lead generation tools, email marketing software, etc.
There’s also a separate category of marketing analytics tools that can integrate all your data into one destination for proper analytics. An example of this is Coupler.io, which makes it easy to organize, analyze and generate regular reports from numerous marketing channels.
Top 3 Marketing Analytics Tools
Here’s a quick comparison of the top marketing analytics tools:
|Solution||Features||Pricing||Pros & Cons|
Business and data analytics services, data visualization
|From $49||Pros: A reliable platform for integrating and analyzing data.|
Cons: Data visualization is available only as a separate service.
|From $359||Pros: Can pull data from several marketing apps.|
Cons: Cannot extract data from spreadsheets and databases.
|From $999||Pros: Great reporting tool for various marketing channels.|
Cons: Expensive and might take time to learn.
Best 8 Marketing Analytics Tools
There are many marketing analytics tools out there that promise to process and extract valuable insights from your marketing data. So, to help you choose an appropriate tool for your business, we’ve put together a list of the top marketing analytics tools:
Now, let’s discuss each tool in detail.
Coupler.io is an all-in-one data analytics and automation platform that offers a combination of reliable solutions and expert services for efficient data management. It allows you to gather, transform and analyze data so that you can make data-driven decisions.
Coupler.io’s data analytics consultancy services can help you deal with such tasks as advanced data visualization, business analytics, setting up data infrastructure, and tackling any other data-related challenges.
- Automate integration workflows
Export data automatically and specify a schedule for regular data refreshes. The interval for the updates can be hourly, daily, and monthly, or as frequent as every 15 minutes.
- Collect data from various sources in one place
Gather your marketing data from multiple apps and combine them into one destination file, where all your data is always fresh and ready for cross-channel analysis.
- Back up your data
You can create a backup copy of your marketing data, securely store it in a spreadsheet or database, and have it updated automatically on a schedule that suits you.
- Analyze and visualize data
Integrate your Coupler.io-powered self-updating spreadsheets or databases with various data visualization tools, such as Tableau, PowerBi, and Looker Studio. This allows you to build pro-level visualizations and make the most of your data with auto-updated dashboards.
- Integrate numerous apps
There are over 30 different data sources available in Coupler.io. The list includes such apps as Facebook Ads, Google Ads, Google Analytics 4, Mailchimp, Shopify, and many other popular sources. You can also add custom sources without writing code.
- It’s an all-in-one platform that can provide solutions to any data-related problems and challenges. You can use the data integration tool to automate your dataflows on your own, or request the help of Coupler.io’s data analytics consultants for advanced cases.
- Coupler.io’s data integration solution is an easy-to-use no-code data analytics tool. It’s a good fit for marketing teams and other professionals without a technical background.
- It allows you to automate your data flows and manage data more efficiently without any manual effort. You can save time and money as well as achieve desired results much faster.
- When integrating data from one app to another, Coupler.io doesn’t store your information. It’s a safe and secure tool that guarantees data security.
- Coupler.io provides a knowledge base where you can find helpful articles. The customer support team is also available to answer your questions and solve any issue.
Coupler.io offers a 14-day free trial – no credit card required. The starter plan costs $49 per month, the squad plan costs $99 per month and the business plan costs $249 per month.
Domo is a low-code data app platform that allows you to integrate data and visualize it with custom and interactive dashboards. You can also share business analytics, data, and apps with your customers, partners, and teams.
- Data integration
The app allows you to connect your business and marketing apps automatically. You get to combine all your data in one place where you can prepare it for analysis and visualization.
- Dashboards and reporting
You can create interactive dashboards with different layouts and chart options. This helps to showcase real-time data and insights to your teams.
- Build intuitive data apps
With Domo’s low-code app framework, you can build custom apps for your company.
- Self-service analytics
Domo allows you to easily share data with everyone on your team. You can also analyze data as well as generate reports or visualizations.
- Plenty of connectors
There are over 1000 connectors to help gather data from marketing, sales, and finance apps. You can easily connect to most data warehouses in the cloud.
- This tool provides you with the necessary functionality to automate your data management process and reduce manual actions.
- It allows you to take a closer look at your marketing data. The dashboards and reports can help to see unnoticeable insights and access more robust analytics.
- Domo makes data and analytics sharing easy. You can use data apps and dashboards to embed analytics updates or share real-time data reporting.
- It’s an intuitive and easy-to-use tool that requires little coding knowledge and the setup process is relatively simple.
- Domo can help to integrate, organize and manage business data from departments such as marketing, sales, HR, finance, operations, and others.
Domo provides a 30-day free trial. They offer custom packages based on specific needs such as data storage, the volume of data queries, data refresh rates, and the number of users.
Funnel.io is one of the best marketing analytics tools out there. It offers data connectors that allow users to integrate several marketing platforms. You can prepare and store your data in one place, access it anytime, and transfer it to any analytics or visualization tool.
- Connect to marketing platforms
Gather marketing data from over 500 apps and platforms, including Google Ads, Amazon Ads, WooCommerce, Mixpanel, Facebook Ads, Instagram, Salesforce, etc.
- Store all your data in one place
You can save marketing and advertising data in Funnel’s secure data storage. With your data in one central location, you can easily access, transform and generate reports much faster.
- Organize your historical data
The tool allows you to clean and transform your data without having to write any code. It offers pre-built rules such as mapping traffic sources and grouping to prepare your business data for analysis.
- Share to analytics platforms
Users can share their marketing data and get automatic updates in any data destination, including PowerBI, Looker Studio, Google Sheets, Tableau, Amazon S3, BigQuery, etc.
- It’s a no-code data management solution that allows you to collect, transform and analyze your marketing data.
- The platform offers capabilities that allow users to automate data collection and export. There is a wide range of connectors to help gather your marketing data.
- Funnel is a user-friendly solution that helps to monitor marketing efforts, understand what works for your campaigns and access valuable insights.
- You can make dashboards that aggregate sales and marketing data from various platforms. This will allow you to present and analyze your KPIs and metrics for your campaigns.
- Funnel allows users to easily review previous and recent marketing data. This helps to create better and more accurate reports.
Funnel offers plans for marketing teams and agencies. There’s a self-service plan that costs $399 a month, a custom connectors program and guided onboarding plan that costs $999 monthly, and a solution for large teams or agencies that costs $1999 per month.
Ninjacat is an all-in-one reporting solution for marketers and agencies that integrates with most SEO, PPC, social media, and call-tracking channels. It allows users to monitor campaigns and create insightful reports automatically.
- Data management
There are over 150 integrations to pull data from. You can also harmonize and store your data before sending it to data warehouses through Ninjacat’s API or code-free replication options.
- Marketing performance reports
Generate various reports for different marketing channels. This helps visualize your results and improve the speed and accuracy of your reporting.
- Automated dashboards
The tool allows you to create interactive marketing dashboards, which you can use to track and display your KPIs and progress. This helps to share marketing performance with teams, clients, and stakeholders in real-time.
- Campaign monitoring
With this useful feature, you can monitor budget consumption or key performance metrics across your marketing channels. This helps in optimizing processes and resolving potential issues in advance.
- Call tracking
It’s possible to integrate your apps with some major call-tracking providers for reporting. This helps to identify the marketing channels that are driving calls. For example, you can localize calls and monitor conversations.
- Ninjacat is an all-in-one solution for marketers or companies who want to integrate and generate reports for SEO, PPC, social media, and call-tracking efforts.
- It helps you to efficiently gather all your business data in one place, transform it and share it to desired destinations. You save time as a result and also improve your processes.
- Ninjacat helps to easily track and optimize campaigns and conversions. It can help agencies to deliver better and stronger campaigns to their clients.
- It offers connectors and APIs that allow users to automate data collection. It simplifies the ETL process so your team can focus on core marketing functions.
- Ninjacat provides adequate onboarding so new users can understand how to navigate the tool. They also have quick and responsive customer support.
Ninjacat allows you to request a demo so you can learn how the data integration and report generation process works. However, the pricing is on a fully-customized subscription basis.
Heap is a marketing analytics platform that allows companies to completely understand their customer’s digital experiences. It helps in identifying what your customers prefer so you can improve conversion, retention, and satisfaction.
- Session replay
Use replays to understand how and when the majority of users encountered moments of friction. You can even see what transpired during the interaction.
- Discover hidden issues
Uncover many potential friction points and opportunities in your product’s digital experience. It can help to avoid confirmation bias and wrong decisions.
- Create user segments
User cohorts can help to understand how diverse users navigate the digital experience offered by your product and how to personalize everyone’s journey.
- Build dashboards and share
Create dashboards to monitor important metrics and critical charts. You can also share these insights with your team and track the most viewed dashboards.
- Autocapture and custom tracking
You can use autocapture, custom tracking, and server-side events to develop one of the most complete and manageable behavioral datasets.
- Cross-platform analytics
Monitor and analyze digital experiences across web and mobile platforms. This ensures that your application can be accessed by users on every device.
- Integrate with other tools
Connect bi-directionally to several business software tools such as CRMs, e-commerce sites, warehouses, A/B testing and personalization, payment platforms, etc.
- It allows companies to determine how users will interact with their digital products. You can discover helpful features to include and determine what should be improved upon.
- Heap allows you to see the entire customer journey, gather data at every touch point, and access plenty of insights. This helps to notice key trends and prospects.
- Heap provides tools such as charts, graphs, templates, and dashboards to help visualize and accurately analyze everything about your customers.
- It allows you to capture events, track real-time data and generate comprehensive reports from your users’ digital experiences across web and mobile platforms.
- Heap provides frequent training so you can learn how to utilize the features properly. It’s also easy to set-up and allows you to start capturing data pretty quickly.
- It allows marketing and product teams to extract valuable insights from product interactions. You can access every event’s data and make better decisions.
Heap offers a free plan for those with minimal analytics needs and three paid subscription plans starting from $3,600 per year.
Optimizely is a digital experience platform that allows you to create content, manage an e-commerce business and run experiments to test and optimize every customer touchpoint.
- Content platforms
Optimizely offers functionality that allows you to manage the entire content lifecycle. The Content Marketing Platform can assist with campaigns. Additionally, the Content Management System helps improve digital experiences.
- Commerce products
The tool provides useful functionality that helps users manage their businesses. For example, you can use artificial intelligence to obtain personalized experiences and product recommendations.
- Experimentation tools
You can evaluate customer touch points to gather insights and optimize user experience. Web Experimentation allows you to run tests, uncover insights and create better experiences. Feature Experimentation helps to validate new features and deploy quality releases.
- It allows marketers to perform A/B tests and optimize the performance of their websites and marketing campaigns.
- Optimizely helps commerce businesses to drive more sales, build customer loyalty and increase ROI.
Optimizely provides customized pricing based on the needs of every company or marketing team. You can get started with the Content Marketing Platform for free or sign up for the $79 monthly plan.
TapClicks is an all-in-one marketing analytics tool that you can use for workflow and project management, big data integration, insights, and analytics, as well as reports and dashboards.
- Analyze performance
With tapAnalytics, you can discover hidden trends and opportunities in your campaigns. It helps to run calculations on your data, combine data from numerous sources, track goals and budgets, and manage leads and data load status.
- Automated data pipeline
The tapData feature can aggregate, blend and send data from over 6000 sources to popular destinations such as BigQuery, Snowflake, S3, Postgres, etc. It provides dimensions, filters, and flexible data controls to help refine data.
- Communicate and collaborate
You can use tapReports to create reports that can tell powerful stories and dashboards displaying KPIs and statistics. It also allows you to add recipients and set schedules for sending reports.
- Automate your workflow
The tapWorkflow feature can automatically create and assign tasks to the right people. Everyone on your team can set themselves as available or not. The task manager also helps to monitor due dates and assignments.
- Automated order entry
You can use tapOrders to create order forms that can record campaign goals, objectives, and booking details. There’s an inventory calendar for reserving slots and bookings. You can also add line items for each product or service.
- TapClicks allows you to connect and combine data from numerous marketing platforms. You can also connect to many destinations.
- It allows users to share reports quickly. You can also schedule automatic reports via PDF, email, Excel, and other options.
- TapClicks offers dashboards, widgets, and other visualizations to help communicate reports to clients and stakeholders.
- It’s a cloud-native tool that’s quite intuitive and easy to set up. It helps to save time and make the reporting process more efficient.
TapClicks offers a 14-day free trial – no credit card required. They also provide subscription plans that are tailored to the specific needs of each business, marketer, or agency.
Adverity is a data analytics platform that helps companies and marketing teams to improve data accessibility and streamline operations. It offers automated data integrations, predictive analytics, visualizations, dashboards, etc.
- Connect data sources
Automate data integration to connect all your marketing data. There are over 600 connectors to major sales and marketing tools. It also provides data enrichment capabilities, schema mapping, and major data destinations.
- Access proactive analytics
Use AI-powered proactive analytics to uncover insights, anomalies, and opportunities. It also allows marketers to detect emerging trends, receive insights on each user segment, identify top-performing campaigns and get suggestions on how to adjust budget spend.
- Visualize your data and insights
The no-code data transformation engine can help to clean and harmonize your data. It lets you share integrated data to databases, visualization tools, cloud storage, BI tools, etc.
- It allows companies to connect to their preferred marketing platforms and automate data integration across them.
- Adverity provides enrichments and custom scripts to help organize and transform your data.
- It allows for faster, more efficient, and more accurate data analytics and reporting.
- It offers data and analytics automation so users can save valuable time and resources.
- Adverity is scalable, flexible, and offers full control over your data.
Adverity offers a free quick start plan – no credit card required. You can contact the company to book a custom demo and pay for the platform.
Benefits of marketing analytics tools
Every business or marketer who wants to make the most of their campaigns should endeavor to use online marketing analytics tools. They help to amplify your efforts and increase your chances of success. Here are some benefits of using data analytics tools for marketing:
- Evaluate marketing performance
An online marketing analytics tool can help to measure the performance of your campaigns. First, you will evaluate the metrics of each marketing channel. Then, you’ll proceed to measure the overall ROI of your entire marketing strategy.
- Integrate marketing data
Some marketing analytics software tools allow you to combine data from multiple sources into one primary destination. This makes it easier for you to store, manage and analyze your data in spreadsheets or data warehouses.
- Gain insights and make predictions
Many businesses use some of the best marketing analytics tools to analyze past and present marketing data. This helps you to completely understand your target market, existing customers, competitors, and every other useful aspect of your campaigns.
- Identify market trends and patterns
Observing your past marketing data can help to discover opportunities or potential problems in the market. This allows you to understand the strategies that have produced the desired results and what your customers might be more interested in.
- Optimize marketing efforts
Marketing data analytics tools provide all the information needed to enhance your marketing campaigns. They ensure that you avoid past mistakes, adjust your budgets, improve each marketing channel and set achievable goals.
- Make more informed decisions
Marketing is an integral part of every business, so you need to analyze the results of your marketing efforts. This helps to understand the current state of your business and what actions or decisions can help to guarantee growth and profitability.
How To Choose The Right Marketing Analytics Tool?
We’ve discussed the top marketing analytics tools that you can utilize in your business. But how do you pick the perfect data automation and analytics platform? Below are some factors to consider when making such a decision:
- The type of analytics tool you need
We have three main types of online marketing analytics tools – descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive. There are marketing analytics tools that provide one or more features with such capabilities. Some tools are also great for general business data.
- The kind of automation you desire
Most marketing data analytics tools offer some sort of automation. They can reduce manual tasks involved in data integration, preparation, insights and analytics, dashboards and reports, and frequent exports to data destinations.
- The insights you’re looking for
Some marketing analytics software tools may provide features that offer insights on leads and existing customers, content and design, digital experiences, phone calls, and others. Others may also provide recommendations.
- The budget you’re willing to spend
Most marketing data analytics tools have free trials to help you determine if they are right for you. They offer pricing plans based on your data and analytics requirements. The pricing is usually a fixed amount billed monthly or yearly.
- The data integration options
Data integration is an important part of the marketing analytics process. You should choose a reporting tool that easily integrates with your favorite CRM, advertising, analysis, cloud storage, and visualization platforms.
Use analytics tools for marketing to make better decisions
Marketing analytics is a necessary part of every marketing campaign. It helps to identify issues and take immediate action. It also helps in making data-driven decisions in your business.
An ideal marketing analytics platform should offer data collection from various sources, allow you to categorize them, interpret data with dashboards, automate reports and support multiple users.Back to Blog